St. Patrick's Church Ahane was commenced by Fr. Crotty PP in 1838 but became a victim of the night of The Big Wind in February, 1839, when half the roof was blown away. The stone arching at the front entrance came from the ruins of Quin Abbey in Co. Clare. Three Ahane men went with horses and carts, stayed overnight and returned the next day with the makings of the arch. It was dedicated to Saint Patrick and many improvements and renovations have been carried out during the last 170 years. Thomas Nevin of Mountshannon House donated the Stations of the Cross. These stations, carved from wood, were originally intended for a church in Germany. Nevin purchased them in New York in 1906 and donated them to the church in Ahane to remember his daughter.