Diocesan Directory

x Close  

x Close  

St Michael's & St John's

Address
Cloughjordan
Co. Tipperary
St Michael's & St John's

St Michael's & St John's

At the end of the 19th century, the little chapel, a small house in Cloughjordan village where the devotional needs of parishioners in Cloughjordan were taken care of became redundant when the present Church of Saint Michael & Saint John was built in 1898 – 1899. A few years afterwards the bell-tower was raised to its present height. Among the later additions to the church are the beautiful stained glass windows by Harry Clarke (1925) and Evie Hone (1952). In 1987 a bullaun stone, originally in the medieval ruin at Modreeney was placed outside the church as a holy water font. Major renovations took place in 1993 – 1994, involving the replacement of the roof and the restoration of the Harry Clarke east window. In 2004, the Sanctuary was adapted for present day liturgical needs. This work along with the painting of the interior of the Church was done voluntarily by the local parishioners.


Sundays
Saturdays
Mon - Fri
HolyDays
Day
11:00 AM
Day
 
Mon
 
Tue
 
Wed
9.30 AM
Thurs
9.30 AM
Fri
 
Day
 

Instant Search

Search for Churches, Parishes or People