St Patrick's

‹ Back to church list
Address
Knock
Co. Laois
Parish
Kyle and Knock
St Patrick's

St Patrick's

St. Patrick's Church at Knock was built in 1877 during the pastorate of Fr. Kennedy, P.P., the builder being a mason from Errill, whose skilled craftsmanship can still be seen in the cut limestone of the west gable and belfry. The site for St. Patrick's was donated by a Captain Gibson of Rockforest, who also permitted the use of his quarry for the extraction of building materials, without charge. A distinctive feature of this rectangular church is its dressed stone façade. The church was renovated in 1984 and again in 2004


Sundays
Saturdays
Mon - Fri
HolyDays
Vigil (Sat)
7:30PM
Vigil
7:30PM
Mon
 
Tue
 
Wed
 
Thurs
 
Fri
 
Day
 
Exceptions/Notes
From January to June Weekend Mass is celebrated on Sunday mornings at 9.30am. From July to December Weekend Mass is celebrated as a Saturday evening Vigil at 7.30pm.