Find your parish

Parish of Cloughjordan

Parish Priest

Fr. Ger Jones CC

Address
Parish Office
Parochial House
Templemore Road, Cloughjordan, Co. Tipperary
Sunday
11:00 AM
Wednesday
9.30 AM
Thursday
9.30 AM
Sunday
6.00 PM
Saturday
6.00 PM
Holy Day
6.00 PM
Baptisms in Ruan are on the 2nd Sunday of the month alternating between Ruan and Dysart and Corofin is the 3rd Sunday alternating between the 3 churches - all at 12.30 pm.
Sunday
9.30 AM
Sunday
11:00 AM
Wednesday
9.30 AM
Thursday
9.30 AM

St Michael’s & St John’s

At the end of the 19th century, the little chapel, a small house in Cloughjordan village where the devotional needs of parishioners in Cloughjordan were taken care of became redundant when the present Church of Saint Michael & Saint John was built in 1898 – 1899. A few years afterwards the bell-tower was raised to its present height. Among the later additions to the church are the beautiful stained glass windows by Harry Clarke (1925) and Evie Hone (1952). In 1987 a bullaun stone, originally in the medieval ruin at Modreeney was placed outside the church as a holy water font. Major renovations took place in 1993 – 1994, involving the replacement of the roof and the restoration of the Harry Clarke east window. In 2004, the Sanctuary was adapted for present day liturgical needs. This work along with the painting of the interior of the Church was done voluntarily by the local parishioners.

Sunday
6.00 PM
Saturday
6.00 PM
Holy Day
6.00 PM
Baptisms in Ruan are on the 2nd Sunday of the month alternating between Ruan and Dysart and Corofin is the 3rd Sunday alternating between the 3 churches - all at 12.30 pm.

St Ruadh

St. Ruadhan’s Church at Kilruane is a small cruciform building, constructed some time between 1838 and 1840. According to tradition, it replaced a Penal-era mass house in the locality that was flattened during the Night of the Big Wind. The altar and reredos were constructed and installed by Patrick Pearse’s father, James Pearse, about 1900. In 1976 the building was extensively renovated and the sanctuary reordered. In the course of the works several blocked up doors and windows were discovered, suggesting that the building had been used for some other purpose before being converted to a church. A bell that once called workers from the nearby Toler estate to their meals was installed in the belfry. Stained glass windows and Stations of the Cross are by Mayer of Munich. Paschal candle and sanctuary lamp pedestal are carving from bog oak, done by local people and generously donated.

Sunday
9.30 AM

Ardcroney Church

St. Flannan’s Church, Ardcroney is a cruciform limestone building, constructed in 1838 by Parish priest, Fr. Corbett. The following January its roof was stripped of its slates during the Night of the Big Wind, the cost of its repair adding much to the financial burden borne by the parish. In more recent times, the church was renovated extensively in 1978 – 1979 when a new bell tower was added, modelled on the style of the early Christian round towers. A mass rock taken from its original location at Ballinamurra has been transferred to the Church grounds and the baptismal font; Ambo and presiding chair were sculptured from bog oak and bog yew and donated by a local parishioner.

Fr. Fr. Albert McDonnell PP PP

Tel: +353 65 6832155

Fr. Albert is the Chancellor of the Diocese of Killaloe and Moderator of the Mid-Clare South Cluster of Parishes

Fr. Fr. Anthony Casey PP PP

Tel: +353 65 9059008

Fr. Anthony is the Co-ordinator of the group responsible for Pastoral Planning in the Diocese.

Fr. Fr. Arnold Rosney CC PP

Tel: +353 61 471513 E-mail office: arnoldrosney@gmail.com

Fr. Arnold is the moderator of the Tradaree Cluster of parishes.

Fr. Fr. Des Hillery PP VG PP

Tel: +353 67 37130 E-mail office: deshillery@gmail.com

Fr Des Hillery who is a native of Milltown Malbay, Co. Clare was educated at St Flannan’s College, Ennis and St Patrick’s College Maynooth. He was ordained in 1984. He continued Post Graduate Studies in Maynooth in 1984-85, receiving the STL and he completed the Higher Diploma in Education in UCC while teaching in St. Finbarr’s College, Farranferris.

He returned to the Diocese in 1986 and taught in St. Flannan’s College Ennis until 1994 when he was appointed to the formation staff of St Patrick’s College, Maynooth.  While there he also took a one year Diploma in Spirituality and Counselling in St Louis University, Missouri, USA. He completed his appointment in Maynooth in 2005 and took a course in Mission Studies in Dalgan Park, Navan, Co Meath as an associate priest with the Columban missionaries. In 2006 he volunteered to work with the Columban Missionaries in Lima, Peru.

He returned to the diocese in 2012 and since that time has been serving as Parish Priest of Nenagh. Following the appointment of Bishop Kieran O’Reilly as Archbishop of Cashel and Emly, Fr. Des was elected as Administrator of the Diocese until the ordination of Bishop Fintan on September 25th.

  1. Vicar General

According to the Code of Canon Law (CIC 475):  In each diocese, the Diocesan Bishop is to appoint a Vicar General to assist him in the governance of the whole Diocese.

(CIC 479) In virtue of his office the Vicar General has the same executive power throughout the whole diocese as that which belongs by law to the diocesan Bishop: that is, he can perform all administrative acts, with the exception however of those which the Bishop has reserved to himself, or which by law require a special mandate of the Bishop.

Fr. Fr. Ger Nash PP

E-mail office: g.nash@killaloediocese.ie

Fr. Ger is the Diocesan Secretary and Director of Pastoral Planning

Fr. Fr. Michael Geraghty PP

Tel: 067 31272

Director of the Youth Section of the Killaloe Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes.

Fr. Fr. Pat Larkin PP

Tel: +353 65 683 9735 E-mail office: pjlarkin@eircom.net

Fr. Pat is the Moderator of the Mid-Clare North Cluster of Parishes.

Details
Primary school
Principal: Martin Ryan

Noel Coonan, Board of Management Chairperson

Details
Primary school
Principal: Vivian Dooley

John Joe Hayes, Board of Management Chairperson

Details
Primary school
Principal: Mairead Kirby Daly

Tom Kirby, Board of Management Chairperson