The cruciform church at Kilmurry McMahon was built in 1803. A stone with the 1803 date has a quotation from St. Luke 11:28 ‘ happy are they who hear the word of God and keep it’. A major renovation took place in 1974, when the roof was replaced and the galleries removed.
|The weekend Mass time in this church varies between Wintertime and Summertime. In Wintertime the Mass is at 7:30 PM and in Summertime at 8:00 PM.|
St. Kieran’s Church
The present day church dedicated to St. Kieran’s in Labasheeda was built in 1976 entirely by voluntary labour. The bell and seating of the old church were transferred to the new one. The former church is used as a community centre