Under its other name of Kilmurry Ibrickane, Mullagh Parish was administered with neighbouring Kilfarboy from the late seventeenth century until well into the nineteenth. The 1704 register lists one priest each for the two old parishes of Kilfarboy & Kilmurry Ibrickane, but there seems little doubt that these men, Frs. Teige and Francis Shannon, were respectively Parish Priest and Curate for the combined parish. By 1715, we find Fr. Francis Shannon officiating both in Kilfarboy and Kilmurry Ibrickane, as would all of his eighteenth century successors. In the late 1830's Kilmurry Ibrickane became a parish in its own right with Fr. E.B. Barry as its first Parish Priest.
Search for Churches, Parishes or People