Church of St. Patrick, Knock

Parish Priest

Pat Treacy

Co. Laois
7:30 PM

St. Patrick’s Church at Knock was built in 1877 during the pastorate of Fr. Kennedy, P.P., the builder being a mason from Errill, whose skilled craftsmanship can still be seen in the cut limestone of the west gable and belfry. The site for St. Patrick’s was donated by a Captain Gibson of Rockforest, who also permitted the use of his quarry for the extraction of building materials, without charge. A distinctive feature of this rectangular church is its dressed stone façade. The church was renovated in 1984 and again in 2004