|Saturday Vigil 6pm Winter|
St Mary’s, Cree, also in cruciform, was built in 1828. Pitch-pine salvaged from the Leon XIII wreck at Quilty in 1907 was later used to repair the roof of Cree chapel and floor its sanctuary.
The parish church, St. Senan’s, Cooraclare was built in 1836. The four classic columns of the reredos are the most striking feature of the interior and may have been installed when the church received its belfry in 1861. In 1972 the building was extensively renovated.